- Duration: 45 hours
How to Complete the California Continuing Education Renewal
Salespersons who have already renewed their license once must complete a total of 45 hours of approved CE courses for subsequent renewals:
- One 8-hour survey course covering the 6 mandatory course subjects (in Ethics, Agency, Fair Housing, Trust Fund Handling, Risk Management, and Management and Supervision) or licensees can choose to take each of the mandatory subjects separately;
- At least 18 hours of consumer protection courses; and
- The remaining clock hours required to complete the 45 hours may be related to either consumer service or consumer protection
- Licensees may complete final examinations for a maximum of 15 credit hours per 24-hour period.
Correspondence has a study time of only 8 hours per day (24-hour day) – Study time starts at time of enrollment.
- Online correspondence in CA means the exam must be taken online.
- There are no limits on the number of hours allowed to be taken online.
- A timing mechanism is also required for all online courses to ensure that courses cannot be completed in less time than the approved credit hours.
- You will only be allotted 1 minute per question on the final which basically means if it’s a 10 question final you will have to complete that final in 10 minutes.
- The state will allow for only TWO attempts on the final exam before requiring the course be retaken. This is a requirement by the California Department of Real Estate.
“Did You Find What You Need?” For Additional Renewal Information:
- State Licensing Authority (Click Here)
- SAVE TIME & MONEY on Future Renewals w/ a CE Plus Membership (Click Here)
Disclaimer: Course requirements and pricing are subject to change. Students are advised to verify all necessary licensing and education requirements with the appropriate state department or licensing agency prior to purchase. All courses offered on this site are processed and administered through third-party companies. Cameron.Academy does not process payments nor issue refunds. Responsibilities of the user-selected third-party company (or companies) include publishing and updating content, payment processing and refunds, administering and/or hosting courses, monitoring, grading, reporting, issuing certification (paper and/or digital), and providing various products. All customer and/or technical support will be provided through the user-selected third-party. Therefore, Cameron.Academy does not assume any responsibility nor liability for issues that may arise as a result of purchasing these third-party courses and/or products.