How to Get an Idaho Insurance License
Do You Qualify for an Insurance License?
See the Following Prerequisites:
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- Possess a Social Security number
1. Complete a Pre-licensing Course
If you would like to sell insurance in Idaho, you must pass a licensing exam. To prepare for the licensing exam, you should take an insurance course. All courses are cross-referenced with the exam content outline.
2. Pass a Licensing Exam
Making Exam Reservations
An exam fee must be paid at the time of reservation by credit card, debit card, voucher or electronic check. You can make a reservation through the following methods:
- Online: www.psiexams.com
- Phone: (800) 733-9267
- Fax completed Registration Form to (702) 932-2666 and call PSI after 4 business days.
- Mail completed Registration Form and appropriate exam fee to PSI Services LLC, ATTN: Examination Registration ID INS, 3210 E Tropicana * Las Vegas, NV * 89121. After 2 weeks, call PSI to schedule the exam at (800) 733-9267.
What to Bring
Two forms of current signature identification:
- A primary ID (photograph and signature, not expired) such as a Driver’s License or Passport
- A secondary ID (signature, not expired) such as a Debit or Credit card
- Report to the test center 30 minutes before the exam to sign in and verify identification.
- No talking or any other form of communication among candidates is permitted in the exam area.
- Children, cell phones, calculators, pagers, cameras, programmable electronic devices and recording devices of any kind are NOT allowed.
- No smoking, eating, or drinking will be allowed at the exam site.
- Dictionaries, books, papers, or study and reference materials are NOT permitted.
- You may not exit the building during the exam.
- Copying or communicating exam content is a violation of PSI security policy. Either may result in the disqualification of exam results and lead to legal action and prosecution.
PSI exam sites have additional procedures:
- You will have your picture taken prior to admittance into the exam.
- You may not wear a jacket, coat or any type of hooded clothing into the exam room. Sweaters that do not have pockets are allowed.
- You may not bring a purse or backpack into the exam room.
- You will be asked to put these items in your vehicle. PSI only provides accordion type folders for any items. These folders are left in the lobby and PSI is not responsible for the security of those items.
- You may not wear a wristwatch into the exam room and you will be asked to empty your pockets.
- Each major line exam is given in a multiple-choice format.
- The exam consists of two parts:
- The general section deals with basic insurance product knowledge
- The state section deals with insurance laws, rules, and regulations, and practices that are unique to Idaho
- Each exam contains “pretest” questions that are mixed in with the scored questions and are not identified. Pretest questions may not be covered in your educational materials and do not affect your final score!
- The passing score required on each exam is 70%.
- When you complete the exam, you will receive a score report marked “pass or fail”.
- If you do not pass, you will immediately receive an unsuccessful exam results letter along with a diagnostic report indicating your strengths and weaknesses by exam portion. Candidates can schedule another exam but must wait 24 hours before making the reservation.
- If you pass, you will immediately receive a successful notification and performance summary on an exam results letter.
|Idaho Exam Information|
|Exam Name||Exam Time||Total Questions|
|Life Producer||2 hrs||75|
|Disability/Health Producer||2 hrs||75|
|Property Producer||1 hr 45 min||68|
|Casualty Producer||1 hr 45 min||70|
|Personal Lines||2 hrs||108|
|Adjuster||1 hr 15 min||97|
3. Get Fingerprinted
Fingerprinting is available at the testing center. You can make an appointment by contacting PSI.
4. Apply for a License
After passing the exam, apply for your license by completing an application at http://www.nipr.com. You must apply for your license within 180 days of passing the exam.
Average Salary | Idaho Insurance Agent
|Salary Range (Percentile)|
“Did You Find What You Need?” For Additional Resources & Testing:
- Exam Prep Course and Study Tools (Click Here)
Disclaimer: Course requirements and pricing are subject to change. Students are advised to verify all necessary licensing and education requirements with the appropriate state department or licensing agency prior to purchase. All courses offered on this site are processed and administered through third-party companies. Cameron.Academy does not process payments nor issue refunds. Responsibilities of the user-selected third-party company (or companies) include publishing and updating content, payment processing and refunds, administering and/or hosting courses, monitoring, grading, reporting, issuing certification (paper and/or digital), and providing various products. Average salary statistics may vary and are published by third-party sites. Cameron.Academy does not assume responsibility for this third-party data and users should independently research its’ accuracy. All customer and/or technical support will be provided through the user-selected third-party. Therefore, Cameron.Academy does not assume any responsibility nor liability for issues that may arise as a result of purchasing these third-party courses and/or products.