- Duration: 75 hours
How to Get a New York Real Estate License
Requirements to Obtain a Salesperson License:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have successfully completed a Department of State approved 75-hour qualifying course. If you have completed the 45-hour salesperson qualifying course prior to July 1, 2008 , you may complete the 30 hour remedial course in order to qualify for licensure. The Department of State requires a proctored final exam to be taken at an approved location for all licensing courses.
- Be sponsored by a NYS licensed real estate broker
- Pass the NYS real estate salesperson examination with a score of 70%: http://www.dos.ny.gov/licensing/realestate/re_salesexams
- For more information visit the following link: http://www.dos.ny.gov/licensing/re_salesperson/re_sales_broker_faq.html
Real Estate Education Exam Proctoring Information Please note: Exam appointments must be requested at least 10 days in advance by contacting Customer Service at 800.636.9517. If the request is less than that, the appointment may be declined. What to Expect on the Day of Exam:
- A picture ID is required to verify your identity.
- You will be provided a quiet space and will be monitored during the testing session.
- After the exam is completed, you will give the test and grid to the proctor.
- Within one business day, the proctor will ship the completed test and any other required documents to Kaplan via UPS for grading.
“Did You Find What You Need?” For Additional Resources & Testing:
Disclaimer: Course requirements and pricing are subject to change. Students are advised to verify all necessary licensing and education requirements with the appropriate state department or licensing agency prior to purchase. All courses offered on this site are processed and administered through third-party companies. Cameron.Academy does not process payments nor issue refunds. Responsibilities of the user-selected third-party company (or companies) include publishing and updating content, payment processing and refunds, administering and/or hosting courses, monitoring, grading, reporting, issuing certification (paper and/or digital), and providing various products. All customer and/or technical support will be provided through the user-selected third-party. Therefore, Cameron.Academy does not assume any responsibility nor liability for issues that may arise as a result of purchasing these third-party courses and/or products.